Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Child Like Faith





 
Brother Bear has been asking when it's going to snow. I kept telling that I didn't know. Today we were in the kitchen and he said, "Mommy, I just can't wait for it to snow!" So, I told him that he could say a prayer and ask God to help it to snow. At first he was a little resistant. He wanted me to pray. I told him that if it was something that he wanted he needed to do it. So, I hear him whisper a prayer. I think he expected it to happen right away. So I had to explain to him that prayer didn't always work that way; that we needed to be patient and wait for God's response. Two hours later we looked outside and, sure enough, it was snowing! Then I had to explain to Brother that when God answered our prayers we needed to thank Him. Joyfully my sweet 3 year old said, "Thank you Jesus for the SNOW!"
Most of the time I feel like a complete failure as a mom. But it's little moments like this that I feel God's hand on my shoulder and sense that, with His help, I'm doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment