Monday, November 25, 2013

I'm a homeschooling Mamma


This is my first post! EEK. Kind of exciting.
  I'm in the process of homeschooling Brother bear. He's only 3 so I'm trying to create a routine more than anything. He seems to enjoy it; and is doing VERY well.
In our kitchen we have a little nook that I have set up as our make shift classroom.

Having the alphabet up on the wall has helped Brother Bear see the letters and the objects that are associated with them. We use Abcmouse.com every morning to start our "school" out. We do 2 lessons so far. And then usually Brother likes to play extra games after he's done with his lessons. Brother Bear really likes to look outside and see what the weather is. We also have a few Preschool books that we do too. We don't do them every day as Brother doesn't always have the attention span for it. haha
 

 In the plastic bin is play dough, coloring utensils, and coloring books and paper. On top is the "Quiet basket".  Sometimes I need Brother Bear to just do something quietly so I can string one thought together. :)


I also have an easel in our "classroom". I like to display the letter of the day for Brother Bear to see, and we usually end of talking about it throughout the day.

Last but not least we have a verse of the week. Brother is still getting the hang of this, but I try to say the verse  to him a few times during the day and then I have him try to repeat after me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment