Monday, November 25, 2013

Enchiladas with home made Tortillas

I've always wanted to try to make my own tortillas, but I've always been to scared. For one I always thought you had to use Crisco, and I HATE Crisco. And two, it just seems more difficult than it really is. So, here is where I got he tortilla recipe.
 
Even Sister Bear liked the tortillas.
 

 
I kind of had a hard time getting mine super round but they still rolled up really nicely.
So for the enchilada part this is what you'll need.
I combined  Cream of Mushroom soup, half chopped onion, 1cup of cheese, 2cups of chicken, and 1/2 cup of sour cream in a bowl. Then I  dip my tortilla in the bowl so that some of the mixture gets on both sides of the tortilla. Then I spooned some of the mixture into the tortilla and rolled it up. Then I place it into my cooking dish. It should make 10. Then I sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the top and cook at 350. I just cook until the cheese is melted, and I'm sure the inside is nice and hot.
 

I like to put sour cream and salsa on the top of mine. SOOO good.





No comments:

Post a Comment