Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Lead Me


  Last night was the most challenging nights I've had as a mom in a while. And then today wasn't any better. Sister Bear was up crying until 1:30am (teething) and, Brother Bear woke up at 5:50am. (Just normal for him) So needless to say, I was one tired mamma today.
  I really struggled with being patient, kind, and loving to my kids today. I hate to admit it, but there's my confession. All day long I just wanted to leave and go somewhere quiet and calm and just relax. All the whining and crying and complaining just grated on my nerves WAY more than it usually does.
  I think all day long I had to remind myself to call out to God for help. Brother Bear was having a particularly difficult day. (I think he sensed my 'out of body-ness') I don't know how many times I had to scoop him up and apologize to him for being short and lacking patients with him.
  Finally bed time came!!!!! Thank you Lord!!! However, Sister Bear was NOT having it. So I spent an hour getting her to go to sleep. When she finally went to sleep I decided to spend a little time on Pinterest. (my zone out time) I came across this picture and it hit home.

  My heart was overwhelmed today. I literally felt like I was drowning several times today. God is my rock and when I cry out to Him for help He will lead me to higher ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment